While it is important for a website to be found by search engines it is equally important not to get penalized by Google as a spamming site. If a website is considered spam then Google removes it from its index and you will not figure on the search engine pages. A low quality website is not a spam site but one that deliberately uses content that could harm users but which would benefit the website owner monetarily. The following info are tips and info provided from our trusted Brampton SEO firm friends. They are the search and web marketing expert.
A spamming site is one that will ‘phish’ for your personal and important information and so will be harmful as they will commonly try to steal your following information:
- Government issued identification number
- Bank account number
- Credit card information
Websites that ask you to download certain pages can also be considered harmful. Downloading these pages could lead to stealing information of the user but which will be monetarily beneficial to the website owner.
Some websites are created just to deceive search engines and users alike. These websites will contain pages that provide deceptive testimonials about a product or service. Other pages are created only for the purpose of getting users to click on links so that the website owner gets monetary benefits each time the link is clicked.
- Any of the following are considered a spamming & harmful site:
- Websites that mimic the design of well-known and established websites of pretend to be those websites
- Websites that ask you to take a survey but instead steal your password or other important personal information
- Websites that carry reviews of products for the sole purpose of providing back links or affiliate links just to benefit the website owner
- Websites that use the names of celebrities and falsely entice users as being the website of celebrities but which in fact is not. Since many users open up the pages the owner makes money when users click on the pages
- Website pages that tempt users to click on ads, on monetized links or download links. An example of this is a fake search results page because it actually contains a disguised advertisement
- Pages that redirect you to other websites pages that are not related to the user’s search or to e-commerce sites that ask you to buy stuff
- Check out this daily updated list of harmful sites: http://www.newptcsite.n.nu/scam-site
Pay attention to the content
Website pages that do not have useful and informative content or which have been created just to place keywords in it is a spamming site. The same applies to content that is not unique but has been auto-generated without being informative or adding value for users.
Google now has a very strict spam pages policy. Even if the websites are not removed from the search page index they would fail to rank high either. If you want your pages to rank high on search engine results then don’t follow spam solutions. So you have to ensure that your pages do not contain the above given elements but learn what Google considers quality websites. It never pays to trick search engines instead design your website according to Google requirements.
Hopefully you now have a good grasp of what to look out for when it comes to spam website. Check back often to read more similar articles like this on our site!